As part of the Al Jazeera Fellowship, journalists and scholars will have the opportunity to write a 7,000-word research paper on selected fields of journalism. Successful applicants to the programme will:
- Join a team within AJMN and experience the working environment first-hand.
- Meet with editors, journalists and other staff, relevant to their research proposal.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Full-time journalist or researcher (freelancer or employed).
- At least four years of professional experience in journalism or research, relevant to journalistic and/or media fields.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
- In order to apply for the Fellowship, applicants must have a proper grasp of English academic writing.
- The Al Jazeera Fellowship in English is only open to those from non-Arab countries. Those from Arab countries may apply to our Arabic Fellowship Programme.
The grant covers:
- Roundtrip airfare from fellow’s city of residence to Doha, Qatar.
- Accommodation expenses for 1 month in Doha, including lodging, meals and transportation hotel-Al Jazeera-hotel. The Visiting Journalist fellowship does not grant any financial support to fellows. Candidates who have the means of subsistence for coming and spending one month in Doha and meet eligibility criteria and all requirements are welcome to apply.
Go to Al Jazeera on forms.gle to apply